During the course of our work, we get the chance to work on some interesting projects for customers. One such commission that came in recently was a set of three 3D printed engines that came in for painting and for some custom stands to be made for the engines to rest on outside of the depot on the customers layout.
So after spending a while searching the reference books and on the internet we managed to find a some photos of engine stands that would suite the engines that we had. Then it was time to get out the plastic strip and the glue
Once the stands were built and painted we made a start on the weathering to give them that used look rather than the factory fresh look.
The finished result looked like this.
They will add that extra bit of detail to the depot on the customers layout.